Event Date: Saturday, March 24th
Event Time: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Event Address: The Gym at St. Albans Town Educational Center
Cost: Free for faculty and staff within the Franklin and Grand Isle school system
Contact us at (802) 524-8825 or email@example.com
Please RSVP at the bottom of this page.
Yoga 4 Classrooms: Tools to Improve Self-Regulation, Learning and Classroom Climate
Full-day (6 hour) workshop to be held on-site at St. Albans Town Educational Center, is open to the entire school staff within Franklin and Grand Isle County. Includes materials downloads and certificate template, and RiseVT implementation mentorship.
Increasing numbers of students across the country lack the skills of self-regulation, impulse control and focus negatively affecting their behavior, ability to learn and overall well-being. These critical life skills, essential to success at home, in school and throughout life, can be learned when taught in a developmentally appropriate, engaging way. Sharing yoga and mindfulness techniques, specifically designed for the time and space crunched classroom, is a convenient, engaging and effective way to promote these skills while cultivating a positive, peaceful productive classroom climate.
Through the framework of – Noticing, Mindful Choice, Practice, Reflection, Integration – you will learn how to empower your students and yourselves with increased self-awareness, the foundation for the development of skills of self-regulation and cognitive control. You will recognize signs of imbalance, and will have the confidence and skills to effectively implement 67 yoga and mindfulness-based activities, specially chosen for their suitability for the typical classroom space and schedule. This means all activities can be done standing beside or sitting at desks, while hands and bodies remain off the floor, away from dirt, germs and chemicals. Yoga 4 Classrooms is easy for teachers, students, parents and therapists to use, and helps to create a more harmonious, learning-friendly school day.
Participants will learn to:
- Understand the neuroscience of stress, the symptoms, and how it affects learning and behavior
- Integrate 67 simple, classroom-friendly yoga and mindfulness techniques into your class day to support self-awareness, self-regulation, social and emotional learning, and resilience
- Facilitate learning readiness which can improve student achievement
- Improve classroom management while supporting students’ individual needs, cultivating a positive, peaceful, productive classroom climate
- Become a more effective educator as you lead and practice these tools with your students
This fun and informative workshop will relax and inspire the adults in your school community while preparing them to share the program with their students.Absolutely no yoga experience is required. In fact, participants are encouraged to wear regular, comfortable clothing and flat-soled shoes to the workshop as we’ll be simulating a classroom experience.
What Participants are Saying:
Dozens of schools across the country have participated in Yoga 4 Classrooms Professional Development since its implementation in 2010:
- On average, 100% of educators surveyed agree that Y4C will be beneficial to them as a teacher and to their students, and 99% that it will also benefit them personally.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being highest, this workshop is consistently rated at 10for content, presentation and materials.