Top 10 reasons to ride you bike on the Missisquio River Rail Trail!
Though I’ve lived in the area for more than 10 years I only recently started to really appreciate the beauty and convenient accessibility of the rail trail. My husband and the girls have a fun tradition of parking in E. Berkshire and riding to the Pine Cone Snack bar for the occasional “treat.” Anytime we ride, even a short distance, to a location we all feel like we’ve had an adventure. Last year I purchased a bike trailer to use with my 2 year old daughter while my oldest is in school. One late spring day this year we headed down to Enosburgh for our first ride of the year. I couldn’t help but think about all the wonderful reasons why other might enjoy this experience. So while riding along with a grin on my face I mentally compiled a top 10 reasons to get out on the rail trail list (yes that is what us Rise VTer’s think about when we go out to play). So here we go-
My top 10 reasons to ride your bike on the Missisquio Valley Rail Trail! :
- A change in routine and scenery has been shown in increase happiness
- Gain a new appreciate of the local landscape.
- Get exercise and build stamina and strength
- Enjoy the variety of wild flowers and foliage along the trail.
- Being out in nature has been proven to provide loads of health benefits and just feels great.
- Bike riding makes us feel like a kid again!
- Connect with your friends and family in a healthy way and be a role model.
- Biking is low-impact and easier on your joints.
- The trail is safe, relatively flat and there are many places to start your ride.
- You won’t regret it! We tend to only regret the things we don’t do. If you’ve thought of getting out there and exploring the trail; go for it. You’ll be glad you did!
A few facts and tips for you:
The Missisquoi Valley Rail Trail is 26.4 miles long running from St. Albans to Richford.
Go to mvrailtrail.com for more information about the trail
Make the experience enjoyable by remembering to wear sunscreen, glasses and a helmet. Bring along some water. Pack a bag with a snack and have a picnic along the way. Take pictures and share them with friends and RiseVT!