After having a wonderful meeting with the Lake Champlain Land Trust, we decided to take a stroll over to Milton, Vermont and look at their well known park: the Milton Recreational Park. What we came upon was absolutely amazing and we are so excited to share with you this information. It is a great family zone with a ton to do! The park is situated on 185+ acres of open and wooded property, which is accessible from Bombardier Road, Middle Road and Lela Mea Place. Included in this park are two playgrounds, a picnic pavilion with a BBQ grill, volleyball court, horseshoe pits, tennis courts, soccer, football and/or ice skating, restroom building and the Milton Outdoor Performance Center. Bombardier Park also offers over 3 miles of maintained trails which can be used for hiking, running, biking, cross country skiing, snow shoeing, and bird watching. The southern parcel of the Park consists of 43 acres of undeveloped land.Map
Click here for a map of 3 miles of maintained trails in Bombardier Park which can be used for hiking, running, biking, cross country skiing, snow shoeing, bird watching and more.
Please adhere to the following park rules:
- Use of Town facilities/fields is at your own risk
- Children are to be supervised at all times
- Speed limit is 15mph
- Motorized vehicles are restricted to roads/parking areas
- Glass containers prohibited
- Pet owners are required to pick up after pets
- Alcoholic beverages, smoking, illegal drugs, firearms, weapons and illegal activity is prohibited
- Report any illegal activity or damage of property to the Police Department
- Rollerblades, skateboards and bikes are prohibited from Tennis Courts
- Fires, camping and/or fireworks require a permit/permission from the Town
- Playground areas cannot be reserved for any functions
From I-89 take the US-2 E exit, EXIT 17, toward US-7. Turn left onto US-2. Turn left onto US-7 and drive approximately 3.9 miles. Turn right onto Bombardier Road. Bombardier Park is on the right.
Here are some of our photos and also some we found! 🙂 Enjoy!