Franklin County Home Health Agency, Inc. is Gold Certified RiseVT business! They were one of the first businesses to reach out to RiseVT and set the goal of being a GOLD business within a year. So what has changed within the year?
- A worksite wellness committee was established made up of staff members from both the Enosburg and St. Albans locations. This committee worked to spearhead the changes that followed within FCHHA.
- They worked with their insurance company, Blue Cross Blue Shield’s Accountable Blue program, to utilize the resources available to them.
- They are now a Tobacco Free business and have ordered signs from the Department of Health to display outside our building.
- They are a Breastfeeding Friendly Employer through the Department of Health.
- They conducted a Health Assessment of their employees to better identify appropriate wellness programming.
- They provide $100 Employee Wellness Benefit towards the purchase of personal wellness gear and activities.
- Staff educational opportunities are available, such as, planning advance directives, Lyme disease, Alzheimer’s disease awareness and empathic communication.
- They have an agreement with Duke’s and Collins-Perley Sports for employee discounts at the gyms.
- They have built a raised bed “salad garden” on site.
- They have replaced unhealthy food at meetings.
- They organized a one week health goal challenge to allow employees to focus on one aspect of their health that they would like to improve.
- They will be collaborating with Restorative Justice in the fall to conduct a conflict resolution workshop.
RiseVT helped them to make the necessary connections to make these changes. With their committee, they will be able to make these changes sustainable! Keep rising FCHHA!